Getting started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They add the yeast? Am I the only one who thinks that sounds odd?

I think they do that with all of their juice customers? I'm not sure though. They sell to wineries and home wine makers all across the tri-states.

I ordered the Wine Thief and Thermohydrometer.

What type of cleaning solution should i get to clean these tools? Is there a type of sanitizer in a spray bottle I could order?

My wines are still fermenting. Bubbling pretty good. The Niagra and Concord have slowed down to a bubble every 90 seconds or so. They have been fermenting for about a month and a half. When should I expect them to stop fermenting? Once they stop I plan on racking them. Any advice you guys could give me on what to do while racking? Add anything? I seen something about "splash rack" letting the wine run down the carboy instead of filling from bottom up. Should I do that? Thanks everyone I'm learning a lot here this website is great.

In most cases, the slower the fermentation, the better. I would recommend patience instead of rushing things, but you could always warm up the wine a couple of degrees to speed things up.

Oh I am very patient. :) Just wanting to be prepared for when it is ready for the next step.

Thanks for the reply John.

Latest posts

Back