Getting Juice Buckets AND Grapes?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys think 1, 18lb lug would be enough to give 3 buckets the extra mouth feel we used to get from the grape packs.

As a compare, look at the descriptions of the Kenridge limited release kits for this year. The reds have a 2.6 liter grape pack and in the description, it states that this comes from over 14lbs of grapes. Based on that, I think an 18lb lug will give you some significant "ooomph!". I have no idea what, if anything, else goes into those packs though. But one lug for three buckets? It wouldn't hurt; I'm pretty certain of that. I don't know how much of a difference it would make though.

"Made with a 2.6 L Super Pack which includes over 14 lbs. of crushed grapes."

The reds have a 2.6 liter grape pack and in the description, it states that this comes from over 14lbs of grapes. Based on that, I think an 18lb lug will give you some significant "ooomph!".

"Made with a 2.6 L Super Pack which includes over 14 lbs. of crushed grapes."

That's a good comparison. the produce company around here gets $32.50 per 18lb lug so making it from ALL grapes is way too cost prohibitive :ft. but I guess an extra $32.5 per bucket isn't too bad.

Stop & shop gets $2lb for table grapes so if that doesn't seem bad. That's only $1 extra per bottle to improve the wine. It's about quality right?
If you want cheap wine the you get those 4 week kits.

Table grapes would not add anything really to a juice bucket besides some additional sugar. There is little to no tannin in a table grape skin.

Stop & shop gets $2lb for table grapes so if that doesn't seem bad. That's only $1 extra per bottle to improve the wine. It's about quality right?
If you want cheap wine the you get those 4 week kits.

I never meant to use table grapes. I was just mentioning crappy store grapes are the same price as real grapes with real flavors.

I sometimes use juice pails to lower the acid and add a little fruit to local hybrid grapes , Frontenac or Foch , 200lbs of each , to which I add 2 pails of Zinfandel to the Frontenac and cab Sauvignon to the Foch .

Latest posts

Back