Gas Getter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My aspirator arrived today from an ebay seller. $65, only problem the collection jar was broken in shipment. I guess I will have to start a new kit so I can try it out.

Contact the seller and he'll either refund some money or send you a new one. Been there before a few times as I was selling these for a few months on another site.

Tried out my new used vaccum pump, loving it.
smiley20.gif

I purchased the 75 dollar gas getter and as I already own a compressor I think that it does the trick for me.

You start the gas getter off at a low pressure of about 25 psi and then increase as the co2 starts to come out.

This unit will pull 24 mercury and completely gets the co2 out of my wine.

The only drawback I find is I have to baby-sit the carboy for the 20 minutes it takes to fully degas the wine .

The small co2 bubbles come out very quickly and easily and then the very large bubbles start to come after about 5 minutes. I have to give the carboy a shake every 30 seconds or so and this releases a lot more small co2 bubbles.

I'm sure that a vacuum aspirator requires the same babysitting.

If I didn't own a compressor I would buy a vacuum aspirator but since I already own one I bought the gas getter.

VERY pleased

Digger

Back