Fundraiser/Wine and Beer Tasting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the 5th Annual Fundraiser/Wine and Beer Tasting party here at Valley Brew and I am working hard today getting everything done for the big event. Looks like the weather will be good and we should have a great turnout with 65-70 folks planning to come.

I am very excited about the amount of money we are hoping to raise this year and we chose a local charity that helps children who have cancer and their families.

http://www.tomorrowfund.org/

Our goal is to raise at least $2000.00 and this includes matching funds from my employer. I think we can beat this number and really help this organization do their great work.

Wade will be coming and I will try to take a few pictures and post them.

Seems like I was just at a winetasting event last weekendand I am looking forward to taking a break next week!
smiley36.gif
At least I don't have to stand up in front of everyone and talk for 2 1/2 hours.

Masta,

When you were up there....I was thinking...how in the heck is he doing that. I would have crashed and burned after 30 minutes. You did a great job....

Ramona

Ill be there but I thought that you were going to do a repeat performance! Encore, encore!
smiley36.gif
Cant wait to meet you in person tomorrow and taste some of your wines and Ill be bringing some of mine to take the pressure off your precious stash!
smiley4.gif
Couldnt make Winestock but not missing Ministock!

Whata great idea. I'm assuming you will be sharing your wine and brew for potential donors. Tell us more about the event for us ignorant ones.

Just got home from Ministock and I had a great time. I brought bottles of my wine and Masta laid out a great selection of his along with some awesome bears he made. There was a great spread of food also. He raised a good amount of money and all went well. Someone there wanted to buy some of my wines and Masta's. I was in a conundrum as I cant do that legally, so I sat there a minute and thought and came up with a great idea. I told her to donate some more money to the fund that we were raising money for and I will mail some (marinade) to her and thats what we settled on.

The event was a great success and it was great to meet Wade and his wines were a big hit. I don't have a final total yetbut we certainly beat the goal which was $2000.00 with matching funds from my employer.

We raised money for a local charity: http://www.tomorrowfund.org/who has helped many includinga little girl and her family that lives next door to us. She was diagnosed with Nuroblastoma Stage 4at age three with tumors in her leg, stomach, and head. After going through a very aggressive round of chemotherapy followed by a stem cell transplant was in remission for almost 3 years. Unfortunately in July of this year was diagnosed with a second type of cancer (Ewing Sarcoma) totally unrelated to the first. She is now going through more chemo for at least 28 weeks but other than losing all her hair again is doing well with this treatment.

She was at the event and drew all the winners of a raffle we held. Thanks again Wade for coming and I am very tired and need a rest!
smiley29.gif
Edited by: masta

I am a fund raiser junky... Over the years I have volunteered for so many organizations helping children in various ways. In my college days I worked with a local orphanage for abused kids. I taught math and English to them because they could not function in a regular school environment. I also instituted a non-school day for them where I did fun stuff with them. This is where they learned the most. I had two boys, one 6yoa and the other 10 yoa. On this day we would build a plastic model car all the way through painting and decals. The the only thing these kids ever did was mend from injuries provided by their parents. The model building was denied by the orphanage at first but I did it anyway. It turns out this is all these two boys talked about for years and I was given an award for extra efforts. Unfortunately these types of children get released back to their parents and both were killed within a few years.
Following the above project for the next 15 years I taught softball to Special Olympic kids and various other volunteer events. All my involvement with under privileged children has been worth while although difficult at times. I applaud anyone who has the drive and love for children and will get themselves involved to make their lives better.

If you have a Pay-Pal account I would donate to your cause and help you reach your goal.Edited by: SBRanch

Wow...all that work and years helping make my efforts look like nothing. Thanks for all you have done and Pay-Pal account is [email protected].

Your donation is greatly appreciated!

Masta and SB,

I commend both of you for your kindness and generosity in helping these kids.Sad stories but a bright spot in their lives I'm sure.

And Wade....did you take your camera??

smiley5.gif
I was going to but forgot and even if I did I probably would not have taken pics as I didnt really know anyone besides Masta and would feel a little uncomfortable taking pics of strangers.

SBRanch said:
Donation sent, keep up the good work!

Sorry for the delay....Thank You so much for the donation as it is greatly appreciated.

wade said:
smiley5.gif
I was going to but forgot and even if I did I probably would not have taken pics as I didnt really know anyone besides Masta and would feel a little uncomfortable taking pics of strangers.

I too forgot all about taking a few pictures of the event.

Latest posts

Back