Fruit wine from a smoothie base?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McSooner

Junior
Reaction score
Howdy all, this is my first post here. I am an experienced brewer now getting into winemaking. I'll be doing mostly MM kits, but I also happen to have quite a bit of Island Oasis frozen smoothie base. This is pureed fruit (I have strawberry, raspberry, mango and peach) with just a bit of lemon juice or acidic acid added, depending on the fruit. There are no artificial colors or preservatives added to these. Any thoughts?
Edited by: McSooner

Yummm-O!!!!

Welcome....sounds like you got a good idea with that juice...what's it like in the blender with some ice and rum???? or....on ice cream...or in the blender with ice cream and some Amaretto....Oh My!!!

I don't see why you can't make wine with it. Heck, I made wine out of Kool Aid once just to prove to a friend that I could. As long as it doesn't have Potasium Sorbate in it it should work just fine.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!!

If you don't find an answer to your winemaking questions here, then the answer does not exist.Edited by: whino-wino

With no preservatives it should work....I would think watch your starting SG. and do an acid test and you should be good to go...

Latest posts

Back