Frozen Viognier

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazaruni

Reaction score
Frozen Chilean juice is on its way. It contains yeast already. Any advice on good techniques for this wine? Thanks!

It will take a little longer, but try to keep fermentation temps in the low to mid 60's. Viognier has fantastic aromatics and you'll retain more of them with a cooler ferment. Do you know what yeast is in it?

Viognier can be a tough grape to clear as it has lots of proteins. Those proteins give the wine its extra super rich mouthfeel however so its a love hate relationship for a winemaker. Hopefully you will have smooth sailing from start to crystal clear finish.

Viognier can be a tough grape to clear as it has lots of proteins. Those proteins give the wine its extra super rich mouthfeel however so its a love hate relationship for a winemaker. Hopefully you will have smooth sailing from start to crystal clear finish.

I can vouch for that. Had to use pectic enzyme to get mine totally clear.

Mike and Jim, this is great info. I guess a filter won't remove pectic haze? Looking forward to this juice anyway!

Back