Quantcast

Flavored Chocolate Port

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Carboy-Boy

Junior
Reaction score
A neighbor gave me her wine making accessories along with 2 Winekitz Specialty Series Chocolate Port Trio Kits, with a product date of Sept 28, 2012. I know the yeast and clearing agents will have to be replaced but can anyone tell me if the 3-flavored packets (orange/cherry/raspberry) will be any good after all this time? And if not, where I can obtain substitutes.20181009_170005.jpg

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
I would say that it is unlikely anyone can tell you whether those packets will be any good. But I can also tell you that we will all likely tell you to go ahead and try 'em!

Carboy-Boy

Junior
Reaction score
Thanks fellas for your "expert" advice! I'm adding the yeast as we dialogue!

winemaker81

wine dabbler
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I buy old kits from my local supplier -- did a chocolate orange port that was nearly 2 years old. It worked out amazingly well.

Maybe 15 years ago I purchased a kit, got busy, and stuck it in a corner and didn't touch it for 3 years. The grapes concentrate had gone bad. I'd worry more about that than the F-packs. But as others have said, all you're risking is a few dollars for yeast and additives. Might as well try. Smell all ingredients before using -- if there's anything wrong, your nose should tell you.

Latest posts