Mosti Mondiale first time

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew master

Junior
Reaction score
just made my first wine kit.all juice pinot noir.is there anything i should know or do ,just do what they say to do.

Congrats!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

You are now a winemaker.

Remember this....

Read and follow directions.

Patience, Patience, Patience
Don't rush putting wine in the bottle.

Oh yea: We are here to answer any of your questions.
smiley20.gif

Theyre instructions can be a bit confusing so Ill run through a quick demo of how things basically should have gone. You first would have made up a solution of the bentonite with 250ml cold water, Sanitize all equipment that you will need for this endeavor. Empty contents of juice in primary fermenter and then add the bentonite solution after 30 mins. Take sg reading at this time and also check temp of must to make sure you are within the 70-76 degree range and add yeast packet. When gravity reaches 1.020 or close( usually around day 6) to then rack to carboy includng all sediment and add oak if included in particular kit. Around day 20 check sg as it should be about .995 and then check again a few days in a row to verify that the sg is stable meaning that your wine is done fermenting. If stable then rack again to clean carboy but this time do not rack over sediment. At this point you should dissolve k-meta in 60 ml of water and add to carboy and do the same with sorbate. Directions at this point say to clear your wine but I actually prefer to add the conditioner first cause sometimes this will cloud up your wine, doesnt happen very often but does happen.

Now you went and did it, it's only the begining.
smiley32.gif
While waitingfor this oneyou will have to make another and so one.

Like they have said, patience and follow directions

Have fun and enjoy.

Wade, I don't think the AJ Pinot Noir has a conditioner.

Unless you need the carboy just leave in there for a month or two, not going to hurt anything. JMO

I know Peter, I was just being generic for all Mosti Kits. Bulk aging is better as it will let the wine drop more sediment possibly beyond what the fining agenys have already done and believe me some do drop more.

brew master, congrats on your first wine kit!!
smiley32.gif

Just follow the directions, let it age, then enjoy the wine you made yourself!!
smiley4.gif

Let Who here amongus thathas lettheir first kit age properly cast the first stone
smiley36.gif

Or the second, or even the third....Just get the next one going and enjoy...
smiley4.gif

Hi all. I'm back from a two week trip. BrewMaster, that is one way to keep out of your bulk aging wines... go away. My MM All Juice Pinot Noir has been bulk aging since early January. I am getting ready to rack it and add Kmet. I am thinking just a taste to see how things are progressing.

Waldo said:
Let Who here amongus thathas lettheir first kit age properly cast the first stone
smiley36.gif

I let my first kit age, it helped that we completely forgot about it. Now the second kit not so much.
VPC

Hi,you let it bulk age that long,how many times did you rack.when are you going to bottle and how long in the bottles.is there anything elsei should know.Thanks
smiley24.gif

I've heard to rack every three months and add 1/4 tsp Kmet. I intend to bulk age my Pinot Noir until October then bottle. First bottle tasting at Thanksgiving.
smiley1.gif

brew master said:
so 1 yr,when i got mine they said i can start drinking mine in 6 months.thanks

Well You can start drinking when you want. It will just be a much smoother wine to drink after aging.
Go to a winery and ask them how long they age whites and reds. BOY WILL YOU BE SURPRISED!.
FYI. I am making an Amarone and been aging almost a year now. Now look in the wine store and the youngest Amarone is 5 years young..

Latest posts

Back