FineVineWines Video - CellarCam

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here's the "summa summarum" for the evening:

Everything went wrong! The pumpkin was too pulpy, so I had to use the "turbo" racking cane.

Then, I only have one 3-gallon carboy. So, I had to rack first in a 5er, then back to the 3.

Then, I couldn't find my glue-stick. (You people should have been watching the olympics instead!)

I labeled roughly 50 bottles tonight. Thanks guys for sticking it out.

I also had an explosion of the pumpkin right at the end - the airlock totally blew its top.

I had to wipe up everything and put the bottles away.

Soon pics are coming. I took normal ones for those who missed it.

Some pics: Caraway-squash goop

2006-02-17_055332_small-caraway-squash4.JPG

Caraway-Squash must

2006-02-17_055424_small-caraway-squash5.JPG

The webcam headquarters:

2006-02-17_055624_small-webcamheadquarters.jpg

The labeling: (before)

2006-02-17_055703_small-niagara1.jpg

after

2006-02-17_055737_small-niagara2.jpg

Labeling the other: before

2006-02-17_055807_small-hagebutten1.jpg

after

2006-02-17_055835_small-hagebutten2.jpg

Thanks again to all those who watched. Let's hope that we can get this thing "moving" to different parts of the country.
smiley1.gif

Well, I'll probably have the webcam on tomorrow (Sunday, Feb 19) afternoon around 1 pm EST or a bit earlier. I'm going to fizz-ex my stubborn basil wine (watch the disaster online) and rack my red-clover wine. I might do some labeling again, but not sure about that. That's pretty boring, I think. I'm not sure, but I might sweeten and bottle my chrysanthemum wine. It probably should be bulk-aged a bit longer, but we will see.
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

Will your De-gassing video-torial look as interesting as AAASTINKIE's photos of his last de-gassing 'event'??????????Edited by: Northern Winos

If today was an omen, then, Stinkie's photos will be nothing in comaprison. I have a feeling I'll be racking 1/2 of it to another carboy to do the degassing.

smiley5.gif

Martina,

Good job
smiley32.gif
I like your wine cellar I told my husband I want one like yours. I really enjoyed your web cam today, you make everything look so easy
smiley32.gif
I'm hoping when I get my first batch all done and bottled I will feel a little more at ease with the process.

Latest posts

Back