F-Pac

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewanfish

Reaction score
Just reading about F-pacs (flavour packs), is it just to add more flavour to fruit wines & there was filtering mentioned on the thread to polish the wine, i'm not really bothered if the wine is not too clear but is there a special filter you polish the wine with as i might make a Strawberry wine next year if i can save up some money to buy all the fruit for it :) not too many Strawbery farms on the island & the plants ive grown in the last few years have never ripened, they were still gren in December.

There re a number of different filyers out there. The one that is talked about the most is Boun Vino Mini-Jet
Do a google on it
Time will clear your wine. But, most want to drink it earle. Fruit wines can take 6 months to clear.

The wine needs to already be clear before you filter of the filter pads just plug up. I like to filter whites but havent filtered a fruyit of red in about a year now

The wine needs to already be clear before you filter of the filter pads just plug up. I like to filter whites but havent filtered a fruyit of red in about a year now

This brings up a question - how many filter thier fruit wines? I have a few that will be ready to bottle in about a month - i was planning on filter them - but wanted to know how many did this and if it is really needed for fruit wines.

This brings up a question - how many filter thier fruit wines? I have a few that will be ready to bottle in about a month - i was planning on filter them - but wanted to know how many did this and if it is really needed for fruit wines.
I filter all my Fruit and White Wines

Latest posts

Back