exhausted!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well the 2011 is now in the cans. Geeeeeeze, I am tired.

Started 4 weeks ago cleaning up the yard and the house.
a week ago week we crushed,
We pressed last saturday and spend all of sunday just cleaning.

I am a might stiff today.

Side note: Strange thing... We go through each box of grapes to pick out bad clusters, leaves, and any other debris. In doing this, on of my guys found one of those grape harvesting knives mixed into one of the boxes. Can't tell you what that would have doen if it ended up in the crusher/destemmer!

That knife would likely have messed up the machine big time. Glad you found it.

Acid levels all looked just a tad bit low (minor at best). This could be due to the cold out in Ca and the low sugar as a result of "unripeness".

I did a tuscan blend, a petit sarah, a lodi merlot, a syrah, and a pinot noir.

the pinot and merlot had lower acid, but higher sugar (26%)

The tuscan blend ended up with around 24%

the Syrah had 25%

Acid levels all looked just a tad bit low (minor at best). This could be due to the cold out in Ca and the low sugar as a result of "unripeness".

the Syrah had 25%

You talking acid levels or Brix?

the Syrah had 25%

I would not consider those to be low sugar numbers. Does not sound like you had any "unripeness". These should make you some really great wine.

sugar levels.

I agree, by unripeness, I mean that the lower sugar level seems to trend to higher acid levels. The low sugar dose not appear to be a result of rainfall (which would carry lower acid level along with lower sugar).

The grapes seemed real clean this year. Very few leaves and no noticeable mold or rot. Very high quality this year. Cant wait to see how it turnd out.

Latest posts

Back