Other Elite Vintner Blends

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maize

Reaction score
There was a discussion many months ago about Elite Vintner kits, where you go to their website and create your own blend. I was planning to try one, but go side tracked with other wines and now am thinking about ordering one. I had a few email chats with the owner and have been waiting for him to getsome new varietal he thought he would get this summer.
So has anyone made wine using Elite Vintner kits? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks,Edited by: maize

I've heard good things about their juices and their ability to customize blends to your requests. The website appears easy to use. They say they are in the process of moving to a plant in Georgia, so you might have to contact them to see if they are shipping blends yet or not.

My understanding is that the equipment is moved and they are trying to finish setting up. So, I really want to know if anyone on the forum has made some and what they think of it. Mike at Elite Vintner sent me a note that he could ship as early as next week.

I have made one blend from them so far. I got 65% Zinfandel(red) and 35% Australian Shiraz. Used medium French Oak and RC-212 yeast. I started it in February and bottled a couple month ago. I can't say enough good things about it. I compare it to the Selection Australian Carernet Shiraz- at least as good if not better.

Like they say- Try it. You'll like it.
smiley4.gif
I'll bump the post so you can find what I had to say as I was making it. I wouldn't hesitate to do another one. I've been waiting for them to get up and going in the US(although when they were in Canada they were closer than Georgia was).

Thanks -
My memory isn't what it was - I remember the earlier posts, but not the last few. The move and not seeing the new varietals posted has made me a little uneasy. But Mike has promised to mix it up himself next week if I can settle on a blend. I think I will go for it.

Just checked out the site again.
Does anyone know if the prices listed are still in Canadian $? If I recall, this was about the prices before they moved. A Muscat/Riesling blend was $95 w/shipping at 23L.

The price depends on the volume and the expected ABV. I did a Chardonnay from them and it is great. I also emailed with them a few times and they sent me a 10% discount coupon.

I think if it shows the American Flag at the top it is in US Dollars and vice versa for Canadian.Edited by: Steve

Latest posts

Back