Easy Bottling Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I bottled 10 cases of Port; Apple, Coffee and Orange Chocolate. About 2 1/2 hours, start to finish with 375 ml bottles.

IMAG0355.jpg

CoffeePort2012.jpg
OrangeChocolatePort2012.jpg
ApplePort2012.jpg

2 1/2 hours... now that's impressive. I wish I were that efficient. Excellent labels... all of them.

Thanks. I am using an Elnomatic bottle filler and floor corker. I would fill about 15-20 bottles then stop and cork them.

I don't have the enolmatic - but use the buon vino bottle filler with my pump and i do the same thing - i bottle about 20 - 30 at a time then cork them..

Jon when I was using that same filler I would put all 30 of my bottles in the plastic crates I have showing in the first picture and just go from one bottle to the next and then go back and cork them all. That is a nice filler when its working properly.

Guess you all don't have the fruit FLY problem that I do. My wife fills one bottle [All in One System] & I cork it immediately, with constant attention to the little "buggers" I do have traps around & they do some good but.... Roy Awesome labels BTW! Love the Apple Port.

I do not have any fruit flies yert. I found the quickest way to get rid of them if you have a serious problem is with a shop vac. Since they are attracted to the carboy tops, it's easy to attact!

I hear that a little dixie cup with some vinegar and a drip of dish liquid will rid you of fruit flies. Never tried it so cant say if it really works, and I'm not sure about putting vinegar around wine stuff.

I use wine vinegar with a drop of Dawn & a slice of banana in a cup with glad wrap & rubber band. Works s l o w l y. Like the shop vac idea better, I have a small 2nd one I don't ever use, now I have a new wine making tool. Thanks, Roy

Last edited:
Looks yummy, Dan, and I love the labels. Reminds me of Alberto Vargas artwork! Oh yes, I can testify that fruit flies are here in the Southland now!

Back