Duck Dynasty

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rayway,

That was well put, I agree with everything you said. Nothing more frustrating than a conversation with someone who "knows" what's right and wrong and escalates talking to shouting when you have another view than there's. I never argue with these people, I simple change the subject. One more thing before I let this thread go.... Has anyone spoke with someone that was deeply offended with what this Phil character??? Other than the media blowing this thing up, I have spoke to no one that said they were offended (I have gay family and a lesbian sister in law). They weren't offended nor even care that one person from somewhere doesn't believe the way that they do. The media loves to twist things

Hahahaha! Now the Robertson family says they might take their ball and go home… you know, that would ruin A&E's cash cow …. and this just keeps getting funnier!

:)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-duck-dynasty-phil-robertson-20131220,0,1685719.story

Look, anybody who ever even casually laid an eye on these folks and did not recognize they were rednecks and were going to espouse redneck values, well, you need to go see an ophthalmologist.

Hahahaha! I was shocked - SHOCKED, I tell you - that a backwoodsman from Louisiana who looks like ol' Phil would espouse such viewpoints. Man, I got redneck friends who say the same things but only coarser. Does that mean I embrace such views? Absolutely not. But since everyone has flaws, I let them slide. I have heard such viewpoints from New England to Illinois to Virginia to Tennessee and Alabama - they come from no certain region.

I think the word I am looking for is tolerance. It's not just a one-way street. Meanwhile, open a few bottles of wine and enjoy the humor in it, cuz this'll all be over in a couple weeks...

Norske,

Why does this topic bother you?

not at all. what does bother me is that this is a wine making & grape growing forum, not the jerry springer show.

plenty of other forums to debate this reality tv show drama. just my 2 cents worth.

not at all. what does bother me is that this is a wine making & grape growing forum, not the jerry springer show.

plenty of other forums to debate this reality tv show drama. just my 2 cents worth.

But this thread is under "General Chit Chat - Discussion about anything else besides wine and wine making."

This area is specifically meant for topics like this. The way I see it, we here are more than a bunch of winemakers wanting to dump information, we are people that also like to talk about other things from time to time and we should be allowed to do so, provided it does not offend anybody.

John T,
In one of your earlier posts, you mentioned Ms Kay talking about Phil's early wild days. Actual if you watch Duck Commander on ONL network - it is the series that started Duck Dynasty. It was a hunting show with the Robertson clan - no A&E razzle dazzle. Phil & Kay talked a lot about his drinking, drugs and womanizing back then and that she kicked him out so it is nothing new - A&E just spiced it up a little. Phil is about the only one that is the same from Duck Commander to Duck Dynasty. SI acts a lot different on Dynasty. Same with Willie, Jase and Jeb. A lot more "Duckmen" on Commander - more about making the hunting videos.
I believe Phil is who is. I don't think hates or discriminates against anyone. He may not agree with what people do. And with the African American - I think he is someone who believes the best times are the good old days - for him ( being poor and happy) and therefore everyone else. I just don't think he thinks that deeply about it.

you are right john, general chit chat.....I stand corrected.....have at it.

I'm looking for an app that will filter out all Phil-related items from everywhere I go on the internet. Anyone know of something good? ;)

If you could make an app that would filter Dynasty, the Kardashians, and Mylie, you could make a killing. Heck, I'd be one of your investors. :)

Back