dried blueberries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonewolf

Junior
Reaction score
I am newbie to wine making and I'm not sure how to make wine from dried fruit. I was just given 2# of dried blueberries and I wondered if someone could help me in making some wine. I would like to make 3 or 6 gallons. Since this would be the size carboys that I have. I am thinking that maybe I would mix these with some kind of grape concentrate but I am not sure of a recipe and I'm not sure which yeast to use. Thanks

First step lonewolf would be to reconstitute the dried fruit but i'll tell ya up front you gonna need a danged sight more than 2 lbs of them blueberries if you are going to be shooting for 3- 6 gallonsof blueberry wine.

Look at some of these recipes and see if anythiing catches your fancy and then we'll work on a good recipe.

http://www.finevinewines.com/wine-recipes.html

I cant find a recipe using dried blueberries but have heard that dried fruits would require a much lower amount of them per gallon.

I guess I had read somewhere that 1# of dried fruit equals 4# of fresh fruit. Now I am really confused.

Im n ot sure of the ratio but I do believe you are on the right track.

Latest posts

Back