Dragon Blood questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winesleeper

Reaction score
Started a 6 gallon batch of Dangerdave’s Dragon Blood today. The recipe calls for 3 tsp of pectic enzyme to be added. I’m guessing that this is in powder form. I have liquid pectic enzyme, which calls for 1/8 tsp per gallon. So I added ¾ tsp to my 6 gallon batch. Is this correct? If not, can I add more after adding the yeast? Thanks

3/4 will work...the berries are pretty soft and easy to break down..so you should be just fine...
I have liquid and powder..both work fine.
My liguid says 6 drops per gallon..not sure what 36 drops would measure.

I followed Dave's recipe on my first batch and followed the bottle on the second batch and it didn't seem to make a difference. I also used the liquid on both of mine.

Great ! I'm going to stick with the 3/4 tsp for this batch, which is what the bottle stated. Don't know how many drops are in a teaspoon. Does anybody know?

Next Question DB

After my 1st racking of my DB I filled my 6 gallon carboy and about half of a gallon jug. I don't know how much potassium metabisulfite, potassium sorbate and sparkolloid to add to the half gallon. Plan on using it to top up my carboy later for ageing.

Don't worry and just drink the half gal. You'll have too much headspace for any long term aging.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back