Digital Thermometer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDKS

Reaction score
I was looking for pet supplies online. I saw the following digital thermometer. Thought I would post it as there might be a good use for it in beer or wine making. Only $10

pPETS-3761594t400.jpg

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753002

I use one somewhat like this. You just have to be carefull. Long term exposure to the plastic could cause a problem. I have the probe in a glass tube.

I got a free digital thermometer in a bag of stuff from one of the companies who's chemo drugs I was taking....

It is meant for humans, but I use it when rehydrating yeast....
Works great for yeast, doesn't have a wide range of temps, but for yeast is perfect.

Northern Winos said:
I got a free digital thermometer in a bag of stuff from one of the companies who's chemo drugs I was taking....

It is meant for humans, but I use it when rehydrating yeast....
Works great for yeast, doesn't have a wide range of temps, but for yeast is perfect.

I actually use a baby rectal thermometer for doing yeast. Don't worry, the one I have has never actually been used forits intendedpurpose.

Looks like this:

3640x480.jpg

That's kind of like the one I got in that free travel package from Aloxi [drug company]....Slips into a hard plastic case'

I'm sure they would be inexpensive....it sure works good for the yeast water.

Latest posts

Back