RJ Spagnols Did i ruin my Orchard Breezin?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adambaum

Junior
Reaction score
I was working on a few kits simultaneously and accidentally added an additional Sorbate pack to my Orchard Breezin wine. Is it ruined? Or will it just need extra time for the Sorbate taste to dissipate?

The taste won't dissipate. But can you taste it? It may not be that much of a problem depending on how much of a dose it is.

Why won't it dissipate? It does for my reds. I'm making the assumption that it is the Sorbate that makes my reds taste funny for the first year. I've since stopped adding Sorbate to my reds and they taste much better, much earlier.

I haven't tasted the affected wine yet. For some reason, all my wines taste bad to me at this stage. I can never tell if i am successful until about 3 months goes by.

Adam

You could be one of those who is sensitive to tasting sorbate/sorbic acid. I wouldn't declare it ruined, though. An Orchard Breezin kit is intended to be sweet, and that will probably mask over any sorbate taste you might perceive (if you are one of those who is sensitive to it).

Latest posts

Back