De-labeling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the time the labels I face come off with soaking. But there is this one brand "Gnarly Head" (go figure) that doesn't come off after days of soaking. Scraping them leaves a gluey mess. Then someone mentioned heating the label in the oven which seemed like a bit of overkill so I just placed it the microwave for 2 minutes or so. The label came off in one piece with absolutely no glue.

Different labels demand different tacks.

Most of the time the labels I face come off with soaking. But there is this one brand "Gnarly Head" (go figure) that doesn't come off after days of soaking. Scraping them leaves a gluey mess. Then someone mentioned heating the label in the oven which seemed like a bit of overkill so I just placed it the microwave for 2 minutes or so. The label came off in one piece with absolutely no glue.

Different labels demand different tacks.

I like over kill lol. It's just easier for me to place a bunch of bottles in the oven. Plus it at least lets me use the oven for once

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back