DAP...PRICE INCREASE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
FYI...
Everyone is blaming Ethanol for the increase of almost everything....the cost of planting this springs crops is at a record high....

We as winemakers all use DAP...aka...Yeast Energizer..[diammonium phosphate]....The cost for farmers to use it for fertilizer has gone up from $550.00/ton to over $1100.00/ton since January....

So...expect the price of your wine inputs to increase as well....now don't create a shortage by stock piling it...our usage as winemakers is very small.

Urea has gone throught the roof too. I just bought 2 ton of 28-13-13 friday and fell over in shock when I got the bill for $1668 for 80 50# bags

Thats up 100% from what I paid in Nov 2007 thanks to DAP and Urea.

Its real scary to think of what this will do to food prices later this year!!

Dont worry...THE HUGE REBATE CHECKS WILL SOON BE IN THE MAIL and then all will be ok again.

RoundUp has gone crazy as well....We had a couple barrels left from last year that cost about $21/gallon....Jim got some a couple months ago at a bargain of $34/gallon...It is now over $60/gallon....
Reason!!!! They are blaming the Olympics in China...they are trying to clean up their air quality and shut down a lot of chemical plants....

I truly believe the cost of food is a bargain in this country...and we are all very fortunate at this point in our lives....as for the future...who can guess.

You mean the ones that "NOBAMA" wants to send out?
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back