Dandelion wine not clearing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rm-mi

Junior
Reaction score
I started a gallondandelion wine in May of this year and it has not cleared yet. I have not added anything to help clear it. I am wondering what I should do. I was thinking about adding some super clear or possibly pectin enyzeme, or should I just wait some more. Note I have racked it of the lees 3 times.

Did you degas it, if not there may be a lot of C02 in this wine preventing your wine from clearing. To properly degas your wine you should have the temp of your wine around mid 70's and if using a fining agent you should also hold these temps until clear. SuperKleer will make short work of that wine, works for every wine I ever used it on and Ive had a few tough 1's!

I too made some dandelion this year, in fact made it in May as you did. I would try the Super Clear if its not clear yet, I didt use any clearing agents and it has cleared to glowing. Wasn't alot of gas as I recall, so it should clear very fast for you. The two gal jugs on the right, and the one on the left front are my dandelion just to give an idea of what they did on there own.
20081015_194005_sept08_014_Smal.jpg

I also started my batches then just a couple of weeks apart and my second batch is taking longer to clear than the first one, but is still clearing so just have to wait some more. as JW too I did not use any clearing agent only degassed.

Back