Other D.B. Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firstime

Reaction score
. I'm only doing 3gal so I can taste it b4 I make larger amounts. This is where I am so far. I tasted the wine from what was leftover after filling 3gal Carboy. If was very watery and potent very little fruity flavor.

First is this normal so far and once I add the sugar and bottle for a few months should the fruity flavors from the fruit come forward and taste sweet from the sugar while being less potent.

Should anything be changed/added or start over. Thanks for your help and opinions.

3gallons dragons blood.

25oz realemon juice

12 cups white sugar

1.082 Temp 178

1/2 tsp. Tannin

1 1/2 tsp. Yeast nutrient

1/2 tsp. Yeast energizer

1 1/2 tsp. Pectin enzyme

Up to 3 gallon mark of water

3lbs of frozen berry blend and lil extra fresh mixed berries

EC-1118 Yeast

1 1/2 weeks later .996- transferred to Carboy added 1/4potassium metabisulphate/1 1/2sorbate and then bentonite.

Degassed like it stole something

Today added super kleer K.C.

Any and all input is needed.

Did you sweeten it after adding sorbate?

In my experience, sweetening brings forward the fruity taste. Also, aging a bit helps as well.

My last batch, I found that aging 2-3 months really improved it.

Also, did you "punch down" several times a day during fermentation? This helps to get all the goodies out.

I punched and squeezed daily. I haven't added sugar yet. I'm letting it clear. Another few days and I'll add sugar the sit another week and bottle.

Back