corn field news

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corn field

Reaction score
The last 2 months have been a whirl wind of activity beside the wine making. For the past 2 years we have lived with our daughter to help her out after the untimely death of her husband. This helped her be able to work and go back to collage while we helped her with the children (9 & 14) and to aid herwith the bills. She is now on her feet again and it is time forPa-Pa & Mi- Mito move on. Found the perfect place just 6 miles away. The kids can walk to our house after school till mom gets home. The house has a full basement that is divided into 3 rooms all perfect for wine storage & small batch ferminting and of course some experiminting. In the intrum the computer decided to totaly distruct. Thank God I had just backed up all of my personal files ( recipts, logs & labels) & photoes. As if that wasent enough I had another heart attack. This sort of put every thing on hold for a few weeks while they put in 2 stints in the heart and one more in the iliac artery to my right leg. That makes 6 in the heart and 5 in the iliac. Next month they will go back in and patch the graft in the aortic anurism. I think they are trying to make me bionic.Every body in the hospital knows I have a small winery so I get treated super nice while I am a patient. They like the free wine they get when I get out. Friends and neighbors are all pitching in to Help us move our selves and the wine. Will be botling some wine for ease of moving and others will remain in carboys for bulk aging. The next door neighbor moved the 20 gallons of concord to his basement for bulk aging. Because of the computer melt down I haven't posted much lately and will only check on the forum about once a week for a while. So in conclusion how is life in the corn field? It is not good it is Grrrreat !!!!!!!!

Wow, a lot has certainly been going on with you the last several months. Good luck with the move and everything else that is going on. Best of wishes to you getting your health back fully. Stay in touch and stay well.

Ron,

Glad to see the upbeat attitude, good "moving to new home"thoughts are with ya.

Lots of changes in The Corn Field.....

Hope you mend well and get everything sorted and arranged and get back into the swing.

I am concerned tho....all that wine over in the neighbors basement...Keep tabs on it....
smiley4.gif

My goodness! What a busy time for you! Good thing we have the ability to compartmentalize things.
smiley5.gif
But forward you are moving. It sounds like there's a great support network and it's not all one way. Good for you!

best wishes cornfield - keep lookin' up and you will be fine.
our prayers are with you
rrawhide
smiley32.gif

smiley20.gif

smiley20.gif

smiley20.gif

Latest posts

Back