Clearing temps

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mumptia

Reaction score
I have a peach Chardonnay in the final stages and now is in the process of clearing. I follow the instructions for the Chardonnay and it cleared just fine. I added the f-pack and it's clearing really slow. It's also in a cool room.
It's clearing for sure but really slow. I'm not worried about the wait. Just wondering if heating up the room would help.
The temp of the room is about 15-18 celcius 60-70 f (I think)

mumptia said:
I have a peach Chardonnay in the final stages and now is in the process of clearing. I follow the instructions for the Chardonnay and it cleared just fine. I added the f-pack and it's clearing really slow. It's also in a cool room. It's clearing for sure but really slow. I'm not worried about the wait. Just wondering if heating up the room would help. The temp of the room is about 15-18 celcius 60-70 f (I think)

It clears better cold. If you get a cold snap, place your carboy outside or in the garage.

I missed a couple if degassing stirs (went moose hunting) so I guess that might have been the issue. It's a week later than the instructions say but I checked it today

Latest posts

Back