Cleaning the fridge

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaronh

Reaction score
I went and got all the science experiments out of my fridge a few days ago.
smiley11.gif

<DIV id=ms__id18> You know , that 1/4 fullhalf gallonof forgotten milk bulging like a scared fat man in the far corner or the Tupperware container with its own little world inside andlast not but not least ,the Infamous, Tin Foil Mystery package!!
smiley22.gif

<DIV id=ms__id17>The freezer was much less exciting until I found my bag of dandelion flowers and Gatorade bottle containing the tea from my soaked Lilac flowers.
<DIV id=ms__id19>
<DIV id=ms__id20>So I Grabbed some golden raisins andwhipped up a gallon of Dandelion Lilac Raisin wine.
<DIV id=ms__id22>
<DIV id=ms__id21>
Untitled-3.jpg

<DIV id=ms__id23>
<DIV id=ms__id24>
090108_23421.jpg

Untitledb.jpg

<DIV id=ms__id12>

090308_11241.jpg

<DIV id=ms__id19>
<DIV id=ms__id14>Dropped down to 55 F last night. Lotta lees dropped, more than the Lilac I made months ago. I am assuming the raisins and sudden drop form 70-55 Fwere the catalystand CG is at 1.000.
<DIV id=ms__id13>Racked off the leesto avoid a Bonner party as it drops to .999 in the next 48 hours. Tasting nice n dry. I taste the presence ofMalic acid, "apple taste". I'm assuming its from the acid blend i used and the raisins.Edited by: Aaronh

Well with the lower temps over the past few days the yeast is taking its time finishing off. Airlock is crawling and the wine isstarting to clear. I Took a small taste and the apple taste is diminishing a bit.Its tasting just like Chardonnay with a cool lemony finish.

Latest posts

Back