Cleaners...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdavidh

Reaction score
What cleansingagents does everyone use?

Has anyone used Straight-A, it's a oxygen based cleanser?

Currently, I used both B-Brite (Oxygen based)and C-Brite (Chlorine based).

I use C-Brite only and it has served me well for over 3 years....no rinsing like B-Brite. I use 1 teaspoon to 1 gallon of water.

Masta, with the C-Brite, do you use that to finalize cleaningyour bottles prior to bottling?

Joe,

Yes I use this as a final rinse to all my equipment including bottles. I use a bottle rinser vinator to sanitize my bottles after rinsing with very hot water then place on bottle tree to dry. Many times I am sanitizing equipment (carboys, autosiphon, fermenters and sometimes bottles) just prior to using soit doesn't have time to dry completely but I drain/shake off as muchof thesolution as possible. I make up the solution with hot water so this helps with the drying time after rinsing.

No one that has enjoyed my wine or beer has ever detected any chlorine taste or odor in the finished product.For stubborn cleaning items I increase the ratio of C-Brite from 1 tsp to 2 tsp per gallon of water.

Back