CHOKECHERRY..SAME OLD

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Mixed up another batch of Chokecherry wine today....used the same old recipe....and used the usual 'Cast of Characters'...

20090129_151842_chch_Small.jpg

There will a couple exceptions with this batch.

I added an extra jar of juice....These mason jars have been standing for over a year...There was a lot of sediment in the bottoms of the jars....So, some of each jar was tossed....Didn't want to put that sediment in the must.
This wine settles out forever, usually have some fine sediment in the bottles.

The most important difference with this batch is that somehow I didn't have any Lalvin RC-212 on hand....
smiley3.gif

So, I have set out Red Star Montrachet..or...Lalvin K1-V1116 Montpellier...

Now, for all of you with better knowledge of these yeasts....which yeast would you use in a full bodied red/fruit wine????

I will not even begin to claim better knowledge NW but Montrachet would get my vote and just to do something different get you about 1/2lb roasted offee beans ( not ground) and add to the mix

There can never be too many bottles of choke cherry wine in this world! It's like the comfort food of wine.
smiley27.gif
And hooo doggyy, the price is usually right!
smiley36.gif

PolishWineP said:
There can never be too many bottles of choke cherry wine in this world! It's like the comfort food of wine.
smiley27.gif
And hooo doggyy, the price is usually right!
smiley36.gif

Poor Man's Cabernet.....
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back