WineXpert Choco-Raspberry Port --- questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckhorn

Reaction score
Today I performed step 3 on my Chocolate-Raspberry Port kit. (Stabilising and Clearing). I have a couple questions for those of you who have made this kit or kits similar.
Background: I followed the instructions so far for this kit except I split the chaptalisation into 2 additions when the SG was about 1.050

1. I removed the 2 cups the instructions called for, but this did not give me enough room to add the complete F-pack. I had to remove an additional 2 cups (4 total) to perform this step. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
2. After finishing this step and topping up the carboy (3 gal) to the neck, I had about 3 cups of the wine remaining. I placed this into the fridge as I have seen suggested on WMT. These 3 cups do not have any of the F-pack, stabilizer or clearing agent in it. I was wondering if I when I bottle, could I add this back into the last couple bottles to use it and have a couple bottle that are just a little cloudy to consume myself, or will this not work as I am thinking?
3. What ABV have people been getting on this kit? By my calculations, I am coming up with my kit being about 19% -- does this sound reasonable to everyone?

Thanks for your help and info.
-Brian

Latest posts

Back