Chilean Wine Juice in Upstate NY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davewaz

Reaction score
OMG, I looked everywhere to find Chilean wine juice near Albany NY, posted on this board and winepress, with no luck. Looked on the internet for 4 hours one night no luck. Called my local home brew shops no luck. Walked into my italian corner store today, 4 blocks from my house,,,, Bingo!!!! Gabriel's market in Rotterdam NY, all buckets $50-58, taking orders til 4/1, delivery late april.

Way to go!. Its amazing who is acting as sellers for these buckets. We have an Agway and several produce companies selling them. We pick ours up on Friday.

Thanks Dan, now I just gotta choose my variety's. I'm gonna do a Chardonnay, but I'm also looking to do a red. Will it come out ok, being just juice? Any recomendations between Malbec or Syrah?

Pretty hard for someone to make a recommendation for someone else you don't know. With that said I did try some Melbec after my order was placed and liked it. I am getting mine straight from the main distributer that ships it out to others so they carry extra and I'll be getting a Melbec.

Dan,
Don't you need to buy LARGE quantities to get it from the distributor?
Doug

I'm getting only one from the distributor Dan is referring to. It's a small winery in northeastern Ohio.

Its a small winery with a cooler that can hold at least 5 tractor trailer loads of juice. I believe the places that at as distirbuters for this guy sell the juices for the same price. He wholesales it to them. The places further away sell it for a lot more as one person here quoted prices I think in Michigan that were like $15 higher. The juice came from the same place we are picking it up from.

Hey-

I just saw your post. I am located in Albany too. The homebrew shop in Latham is taking pre-orders on Chilean Juice....Hammersmith Homebrew on Loudon Road.

They do have a website also if you just google it. Is that what you were looking for? They are taking the pre-orders until 4/25. Let me know if you decide to go this way as I am new to this and would love to get some started.

Chilean juice you SHOULD buy;
Carmanere
Malbec
Cab/Merlot blend
Red Zin

The whites I dont see as good as Italian/CA

SRLFD448, i wouldn't buy from Hammersmith, they are charging $115 a bucket!!!! Gabriel's in Rotterdam is charging $53-57 a bucket. From what I can tell this is an apples to apples comparison. Gabriel's is taking orders till 4/1 so you still have a few days. As far as my choices, I went with Malbec and a Chardonnay buckets. Does anyone have oak or yeast recomendations for these two?

SRLFD448, i wouldn't buy from Hammersmith, they are charging $115 a bucket!!!! Gabriel's in Rotterdam is charging $53-57 a bucket. From what I can tell this is an apples to apples comparison. Gabriel's is taking orders till 4/1 so you still have a few days. As far as my choices, I went with Malbec and a Chardonnay buckets. Does anyone have oak or yeast recomendations for these two?
For Reds; RC2112
For Reds (I like) 2 cups med toast oak
For reds I MLF all

Dave-

I didn't look at the prices, my apologies, just that they had the juice. Now that you mention it though it does seem crazy.

No problem man, thanks for looking into it. If your interested you still have a few days to stop by gabriels. 15 minute drive from Albany is worth saving $60 a bucket to me :) Good luck with your wine

Looking for Chilean Juice in Rochester NY

Does anyone know of a source of juice near Rochester NY or near Syracuse or Buffalo. Thanks.

First off welcome to the forum. I would check where you buy your supplies from and ask them. They talk to a lot of folks and I am sure they would know where to get them.

Hey, google walker's juice, I believe it's out that way. Someone on this board recommended it to me.

Thanks for the welcome and the info. I tried our local suppliers, but they mostly sell local juice (in season) and juice and grapes they bring in from California. They have some "reconstituted" juice, which is a blend of Chile / Argentina / California juice, but that is not the stuff I'm looking for. If anyone else has any ideas on where to look, please advise.
Thanks,
Zig

Boat your search is gonna get tougher by the day. Most Chilean juice providers or at least the ones by me require a pre order to get the juice a month later. Most places stoped taking pre orders 4/1 or sooner. Needless to say I think your out of luck for this year. Of course I hope I'm wrong, good luck

Thanks Dave for the reply. If not this year than next year, but I would still like to find a supplier for fresh Chilean juice somewhere in this area (near Rochester NY). Thanks in advance for any leads.

Back