Cherry/Pomegranate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
I just mixed up a batch of cherry/pom from Knudsen all natural juices.

I added sugar to 1.100 but surprized at how tart the must is as was the taste of both juices. I have a starter going of 71b-1122 to add tomorrow.

Just wondering how the natural tartness of the juice effects the finished wine. Similar to cranberry juice in flavor.

Ramona It is a beautiful garnet color and juice ratio is 3:2

Ramona,

This is a 5 gallon batch? If after fermenting it out you want to reduce the acidic taste you can either cold stabilize or do a MLF or both.

Curt,

It is only a one gallon batch (the pomegranate is very expensive).

I'll get back as it goes along.

Ramona

No, I used the Knudsen pure juices from the healthfood section of Kroger. It's pretty expensive though, about 7.00$ per quart. It started fermenting about 4 hours after I added the starter. I'm anxious myself to try that one. I think it may need to be sweetened up more than the others due to the tartness.

Ramona

Romona,

Here is a link to a concentrate site that I use. They have both cherry and pom as well as some others.The reconstitute ratio is1 pint per gallon. Price per pintfor the cherry is $7.95 and $11.95 for the pom. They do have larger quantities available. I've tried the cherry and raspberry and both are very good.I'm currently making 6 gallons of the concord concentrate.

http://www.brownwoodacres.com/

Pat

Forgot to mention that the concentratescontain no sulfites orpreservatives,and are all natural.

Thanks for the link...I've been looking for something like this for some time. My brother and I suffer from Gout. The tart cherry concentrate is something I wanted to try. This is packaged very well. I may just have to make some wine out of it too!
smiley2.gif

Cheers,

-Doug

Thank you, Pat

I'm still learning so I've been keeping my experiments to 1 gallon batches so far. I appreciate the link and I'll check it out. I find that the wines from scratch are exciting because you never know how they will come out!!!

So far mine have been really pretty good!!

Ramona

Doug/Ramona,

If you try any wine with these, let us know how they come out. I used the raspberry and cherry as sweetners for wines I made from Oregon canned fruit. The flavor is intense, but it clouds the wine. I've got 3 gallon of cherry wine almost finished. I'll sweeten with the concentrate and use the KC finings Masta recommended and see how that works out. The concentrate turned a mediocre wine into a very nice wine.

Pat

Latest posts

Back