WineXpert Cheeky Monkey Pinot Noir - forgot the kieselsol

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonfly

Junior
Reaction score
I am currently making a Cheeky Monkey Chilean Pinot Noir. I am at the stabilizing & clarification stage up until now I have followed all inst. in kit. Until I added the chitosan (2 pkgs) stirred as intructed and was supposed to add the kieselsol after 1 hour. I went to bed and forgot. A week has passed now and I am not sure what to do? Should I purchase more chitosan to add and wait 1 hour to add my kieselsol or should I just add thd kieselsol now as the chitosan will have worked the first time. Thanks in advance for any help!

It should be okay to add the kieselsol now. It's not that C&K are a "1-2 punch" that need to interact with each other. They target different things. (One binds to anions, one binds to cations.)

thanks!

Thanks sour grapes! This is what I thought because one attracts positive charged particles and the other negative charged. But I did wonder if this was because of a chemical reaction between the two liquids. Grateful for your assistance.

Back