RJ Spagnols Cellar Classic White Zinfandel?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honkey

Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy my first kit. My fiancee's mom doesn't drink my beer, so I want to make something she will enjoy and all I have ever seen her drink is White Zin. Anyone know if this Cellar Classic is a good one?

If she is not a big wine drinker, you could try an Orchard Breezin kit. I've had great feedback from non-wine drinkers with a few of those.

I am getting ready to buy my first kit. My fiancee's mom doesn't drink my beer, so I want to make something she will enjoy and all I have ever seen her drink is White Zin. Anyone know if this Cellar Classic is a good one?
That one should be fine. I'd probably go with a cheaper one, but it's your choice.

Steve

That one should be fine. I'd probably go with a cheaper one, but it's your choice.

Steve

That is really questionable advice, Steve. Did you not notice that he was making this wine for his fiancee's mother? He should get the best wine possible that he can afford. After they are married he can feed the old bag anything! :)

I actually ended up going with something completely different. I ordered the Cru Select Australian Shiraz. I will probably do the White Zin next. I do not know a whole lot about wine... Are white zinfandels normally cheaper wines?

Are white zinfandels normally cheaper wines?
Yep. and off-dry to semi-sweet.

BTW, that Cru Select Australian Shiraz kit makes a very nice wine, especially with some aging. The grape skin kits are probably better though.

Steve

Last edited:
Great to hear I picked a good kit! I just started working with beer, wine, and cheese at work and I am having to play catch up on my wine knowledge. I have an advanced knowledge of the beer, but I just started drinking wines. I like all the Bota Box wines I have tried and I like most rieslings I have tried and if I could make something on par with these, I will be pleased.

Latest posts

Back