Other CC= Celar Craft or Cellar Classic?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderEh

Reaction score
I see people use this abbreviation a lot. What's the difference with Cellar Craft and Cellar Classic? Are they different owner ship or all fall under the global vintners group, ie. Winexpert?

I've seen both meanings.

Cellar Classic = Winery Series under the RJ Spagnols Brand.

Cellar Craft = Cellar Craft, aka: Kenridge

Yes.

Seriously, more often it refers to Cellar Craft (Vineco) but sometimes it depends on the context of the discussion. Generally the "Cellar Classic Winery Series" kits (RJ Spagnols) are simply referred to as "Winery Series" or "WS". However, as you've noted you'll occasionally see "CC" and have to sort out which is being discussed based on the specific kit or the topic of conversation. :ft

Nevertheless, it can be confusing but hopefully since the "Cellar Classic Winery Series" kits are being replaced with the "En Primeur Winery Series" brand and (I believe) the straight "Cellar Classic" kits are being phased out or relabeled as well, this will become less confusing.

Of course a new level of confusion may be introduced as the new and old RJS labeling will likely be used interchangeably for a period. :slp

I see CC most often used when referring to Cellar Craft. I see WS most often when referring to RJ's Winery Series. Hopefully RJ's relabeling will eventually eliminate any confusion on this.

Thanks guys. Makes me think there should be a sticky for all the quality level varietals from the manufacture. Ie. for Winexpert it would be Eclipse>LE>Selection>World Vineyard>Vintners Reserve etc. for all those new to the hobby.

Don't forget CC could be California Connoisseur as well (a Vineco label).

Steve

Latest posts

Back