Carmel wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardy

Reaction score
I work in a warehouse and inside the trailers I unload I can't hear the music they play for everyone, which leaves me a lot of time "stuck in my head" and got me to thinking.... I LOVE making fresh carmel. I use cream to make it a sauce instead of a thick candy/chewy.

So I can use common sense to say that I know carmelized sugar can be fermented. Its just sugar and would probably have a great taste. But is anything with dairy fermentable? If I made my sauce as I do I wonder if the lactic acid (?) In the dairy would react as horribly as I think it might? Or if the extreme heat of the melted sugar would allow it to be fermented without too much problem.

For the record I'm on the "this would be horrible" side of things... until someone can convince me. But the IDEA sounds delicious. Mmmmm milk carmel wine....

Thanks!!

Or maybe I'll just use apple juice to make up the gallon with the un-milked carmel and then after clearing drop a few cinnamon sticks in... carmel apple spice wine!

Latest posts

Back