carboys

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afss

Junior
Reaction score
What do you all use for your different sized carboys. I know 5 and 6 gallon are standard but what do you use for 1 gallon, 2 and 3? or is there even anything available in these sizes?

Thanks

What do you all use for your different sized carboys. I know 5 and 6 gallon are standard but what do you use for 1 gallon, 2 and 3? or is there even anything available in these sizes?

Thanks

3g are readily available and very handy. 1g you can use 1g jugs or 4L carlo rossi jugs

I've never seen a two except when I had two 1g sitting side by side ;-)

Last edited:

Thanks

I personally have have two 6.5 gallon carboys a 5 gallon, a 1 gallon and a half gallon. I am going to be picking up two 3 gallon carboys within the next few weeks to make 3 gallon batches. You can find all different kinds of sizes on the internet or even at local home brew stores in your area usually. Shop around for the best price though. I checked one store selling 3 gallon carboys and they wanted $39.99. When a store 25 mins in the other direction from me is asking $24.99.

I prefer glass carboys. That being said I have 1, 3, 5 and 6 gallon carboys. You can also use 750ml and 1.5ltr wine bottles.

One litre wine bottles. 500ml and 1 litre EZ-Cap bottles. I think that there are also 3 litre wine jugs. Don't forget the larger demi-johns, eg 54 litre. Not sure about other DJ sizes.

Steve

Last edited:
Steve, I just got four 3L wine jugs and love them. They are perfect for down sizing when you're racking. Makes me how I ever got by a while ago wiith out all the 1/2 & 1 gallon and 3L jugs. I also have about eight 3 gallon carboys all filled.

Some water companies will sell used water carboys cheap. The company near where I live offers Spring water that is in Glass Carboys. You can get 5 Gallon or 2.5 Gallon carboys. They sell them for only $20!!!

Latest posts

Back