canned blackberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northern, those covers are great... Do all wines need to be covered??? I'm having some real slow fermentation with my chokecherry, could it be because I don't have it covered? It took 2 months to drop to SG 1.000??

NW, I love your covers!!! They're beauties! I think I need to go see Joann and her fabrics! =)

kutya said:
Northern, those covers are great... Do all wines need to
be covered??? I'm having some real slow fermentation with my
chokecherry, could it be because I don't have it covered? It took
2 months to drop to SG 1.000??

What is the temp of the must? maybe it neesd a little nutrient. You
wouldnt believe what a little more nutrient will do. Next time you have
a slow ferment put another tsp. of nutrient in and check it in about 20
minutes and youll be very suprised!

The temp is pretty consistant 68, I will add some more nutrient next time. thanks wade...

check out the frozen food section at Sam's. I used some of these to augment some fresh ones that I picked with good results. I think they come in 3lb bags.

OGrav said:
check out the frozen food section at Sam's. I used some of these to augment some fresh ones that I picked with good results. I think they come in 3lb bags.
I keep forgetting that this gets posted all the way to the end. Someone was looking for some cheap blueberries.

The gallon of canned blackberry completely dried out (.990). I racked, stabilized/degassed and added 18 american medium toast oak beans to the carboy and inserted airlock. My mother in law sent me a jar of blackberry juice (frozen) which I plan on thawing and reducing with sugar to sweeten the wine to taste. 2 months on oak should do the trick.

jojo I am not sure what oak beans are but I would definately advise you begin tasting your wine after 3 weeks so it doesn't end up overoaked which can happen quickly

thanks waldo. will do.

i guess while im down in the basement i should splash the peach too.

cheers ~

Latest posts

Back