Can I drink it now?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocelyn

Reaction score
Before I start I want to point out my kit was one of the costco in pail deals for around 70 bucks Canadian (so not super expensive) although significantly more costly then the other Costco deals (2 wines kits for 45 bucks) and its a Shiraz.

I have a party coming up that I am supposed to make the Sangria or some kind of punch for. Unfortunately I entirely forgot and drank all my wine that was already ready :S I just bottled my Shiraz after 3 months of bulk aging yesterday and the party is in one week, will it be drinkable if its hidden in a punch?

If you are using the wine in Sangria, I would think it would be okay. There are so many other flavors in Sangria (Brandy, Triple Sec, Orange, Lemon, sugar, etc.) that the wine will contribute little more than the color. The wine will surely be better in 6-9 months, but if you are in a pinch, go for it.

I also agree with Rocky. But if you don't want to dip into that stash prematurely, go buy a box of wine and use that. Not a huge investment, but it'll make a decent sangria.

I say buy that box of wine and drink it, then you'll forget all about that -- what was it you were trying to make again? ;)

Latest posts

Back