Cab franc not clearing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elmer

Reaction score
Just racked my cab franc which has been aging since late march. It is purple and opaque in the carboy. I don't intend to rack and bottle again until November. However if it does not clear by November I am hitting it with a dose of sparkalloid. The kit is a most I Mondale. I thought I degassed we'll enough, but I will spent a lot of time degassing this time. Has anyone ever had a kit wine clear in 3 months? 6 months? On its own?

image-3880714928.jpg

I didn't get whether or not you added the clarifiers which came with the kit or are you allowing it to clear on its own?

I added all the clarifiers that came with the kit. I spent the last half hour degassing since I got a lot bubbles when I racked. I degassed for a half an hour in 2 different directions or the drill. I quit after a half hour because there was no bubbles being released .
I am finding that my kit wines stay murkier Longer than my none kit wines.

Wines can take 6-9 months to clear. Don't push them. I have used clearing agents when we made homemade wine, but I avoided them as much as possible. No rush, just keep on an airlock (with fluid) and used k-meta every so often. If that doesn't work, depending on the wine, try a clearing agent. Super Kleer works well and so does bentonite.

With the batches we do now, we stage filter almost everything.

Back