Busy day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Well since I have been working in the basement so much I have been neglecting my wines. Today I went in there and racked 5 batches cleaned the whole room and sanitized the whole room as its the furnace room and all the sheetrock dust gets pulled in through the space to let the furnace breath so everything had a fine to heavy coat of dust on it. I also finally started my RJS Winery Series Calif. Syrah which smells really good. Ive been holding off till warmer weather so I wouldnt have to use the brew belt and save electr. The RJS E.P. Amarone had wine diamonds in there cause I had it in the wine cellar to reduce the amount that will eventually fall out in the bottle so that was my first time with diamonds. Are they worth anything?
smiley36.gif
I also cleaned out my new corny keg and pressure tested it cause Ill be using it on my 5 gallon batch of Plum wine and bottle the other 3 gallons as still wine. I bought 3 quarts of wild plum juice from a health food store and reduced them down in a pot on the stove to 1/2 its size and added sugar to that also while it was simmering and i will add that to the wine tomorrow. i must say that the Amarone is awesome. Both the Plum wine and the Crabapple have been bulk aging for about 8 months now and both still had gas and needed the brake bleeder so I am not convinced that time will do this.

Back