bulking aging date

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el wino

Reaction score
I have another question fellow Vintners..Do I begin my bulking aging date from the end stablization of the wine?

I usually rack my wines after they have been stablized and cleared...Than bulk age after that...If I decide to add some oak cubes, I usually do it at this time...And rack off the oak when I feel it has enough [by taste]...Hope this helps

Bert is correct el wino or at least that is the same criteria I use in dating the ammount of timemy wine was bulk aged.

And then there's Bert's wife. She'll do her best to get things cleared, put them to age and forget about them. For months. She pays little head to when she did what. It makes Poor Bert crazy! She even forgets when she's made a wine and gives Bert credit for it!

Yes, I confess. I bragged up a wine that I thought Bert had made, and it turned out I had made it!
smiley9.gif
I couldn't very well go back and say, "Yep. I made that wine. Pretty good, aren't I?"
smiley5.gif

I'm trying to turn over a new leaf though. I started a Pineapple wine today and I'm doing my best to not forget about it. I started it this afternoon and still haven't forgotten it. I'm doing well so far!
smiley36.gif

Sounds like you two have the perfect relationship. You make poor Bert do all the work, you do all the "Sampling", and then you give him all the credit to make him feel good! Would work for me
smiley3.gif

Latest posts

Back