Bravo Yeast- Any experience?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Cap Puncher

Junior
Reaction score
I am planning a split fermentation in a couple weeks and wanted to know people experience with Bravo (renaissance) yeast (another no sulfide yeast). I’m planning a cab sav starting with Biodiva (T. delbrueckii) followed by Avante in one fermentor and Biodiva followed by Bravo in another. Any experience with Bravo? It is a high glycerol strain like D254.

CDrew

California Garagiste
Reaction score
Not tried, but it's been on my radar since I started using Avante in 2018. Did you find a place to get small quantities of Bravo or are you buying a 500gm brick?

Cap Puncher

Junior
Reaction score
Not tried, but it's been on my radar since I started using Avante in 2018. Did you find a place to get small quantities of Bravo or are you buying a 500gm brick?
Bosagrape sells Bravo in 50 gram packs for $12 Canadian. I did a order from them for a bunch of stuff and it was less than $20 Canadian for shipping for everything. Got it in 4 days (in WI). They do have one cheaper T. delbueckii yeast Zymaflore Alpha in 50g for $21 Canadian as well. I got a Biodiva 125g from them for half price because it was 2 months "expired". I linked the website below.

Bosagrape