Cellar Craft Bought 2 new Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1190w

Junior
Reaction score
I picked up 2 new kits for me this past weekend. The CC Showcase GSM and the Chateau Du pays. Anybody do these and how'd they come out for you.

I have over the past year or so made just about all the CC Showcase winesI could find with the exception of the 2 mentioned and am gonna be starting again. The first was the old vines Zinfandel which is nearing a year old next month and is really superb in my opinion. The rest still need time as they are younger. To me these wines with the huge grape packs are the best I've made. I tip my hat to Cellar Craft.

Andy

I bought the Limited Edition CC GSM and am starting it this weekend. I'll be interested to hear what others have to say about this kit.

A1190w, good luck with the new wines. I hope they turn out great. I haven't done those two either, but they look interesting. Idid theOld Vines Zin5 monthsago and it's still resting in a carboy. I also did the Super Tuscan last Feb and bottled it in August, so I still don't have a sense of how it will turn out. Do you ever use extra oak during bulk aging with these kits?

I'm certainly sure that they will. The Cellear Craft Showcase line has been nothing but great for me. And Yup, I add any where from 50-100g of good old american oak to the primary side and transfer it to the secondary at that time so it has a chance to sit for a month with the extra oak. I did a Winexpert Australian Chardonay back in February and added extra oak. It took a good 6 months for that to mellow out and now the chard is tasting really good to me anyway. I can't get enough of the oAK flavor but you certainly can overdo it, so keep good notes.

Just started those 2 kits bout an hour ago and SG started off at 1.100 after massaging that skin pack. Ahh, Next year.....

Latest posts

Back