Cellar Craft Bottling Day For CC Showcase Merlot!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Put this guy away yesterday!

Washington Merlot from Yakima Valley. Right at 7 months bulk aging. This was the carboy that blew it's top awhile back but it didn't seem to hurt it at all. Free SO2 was around 34ppm so gave it another dose to top it off. Filtered with the Vinbrite so it was sparkling. Had an incredible nice lot of bottles. I added 2 oz of MT French oak chips on top of the 40gm oak sawdust when it was in secondary. The oak seems just abut perfect now. There was little or no oak/vanilla before hand. Tasting notes of the left over glass, what can I say, the CC Showcase have all tasted pretty incredible at bottling time and this one is noooooo different!

Nice notes of berry (blueberry, blackberry) and spice aromas. A nice earthiness as well as a nice hint of vanilla. Very smooth tannins and a nice smooth finish. This one could be ready to go in another 5-6 months in the bottle. It seemed more along than its 7 months of age. This will be a good one for sure! Bottled the usual couple of splits as well to taste down the road.

20100703_123415_DSC02622.jpg

20100703_123430_DSC02624.jpg

20100703_123447_DSC02629.jpg

20100703_123502_DSC02631.jpg

20100703_123513_DSC02625.jpg

Yep this will be my next red. Mike you are really good at selling these kits!! Haha Your posts have made me buy my last 3 kits!! :) Well soon to be 3, I'm going to order this one & the Australian Chardonnay that's on sale this month.

Well you won't be disappointed with this one that's fore sure. I may have to ask George for a raise if this keeps up!
smiley36.gif

CassieV said:
Yep this will be my next red. Mike you are really good at selling these kits!! Haha Your posts have made me buy my last 3 kits!! :) Well soon to be 3, I'm going to order this one & the Australian Chardonnay that's on sale this month.

Latest posts

Back