Bottle Tree

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CowboyRam

Reaction score
I thought I would share my version of a bottle tree.

thumb1_0326141700-2399.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

yes very good idea - very similar to a commercial dishwasher rack - which can also be used for filling as well - But I am sure your's is much cheaper

;

DSCN2206 [620x465].JPG

Yes, considering the tote I already had, and the plywood was piece left over from some remodeling job I did. My cost was just my time drilling the holes.

Nice, Assuming that this is not marine grade plywood, I would advise that you finish it. You will find that the plywood will delaminate over time.

My preference is to use EZ-DO. This is food grade polyurethane gel and really makes a nice finish.

Nice, Assuming that this is not marine grade plywood, I would advise that you finish it. You will find that the plywood will delaminate over time.

My preference is to use EZ-DO. This is food grade polyurethane gel and really makes a nice finish.

I actually glued two pieces of paneling together. I used two pieces because I was concerned that the hardboard paneling would be weakened with the holes. Once this falls apart I will make another, or I will have a real bottling tree. IF I was to make another I would use 1/4 plywood; hardboard does not hold up well to water, but the cost was right. This contraption hold 35 bottles.

Are there nails or screws being used and what size?

Thanx...

No nails or screws it just sits on top of the tote. I made it so that it hangs over the edge about and 1" to 1 1/2". I used a 1 1/2" hole saw and each hole is about 3 1/4" on center.

Back