Bottle size

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruno

Reaction score
I made a real nice raspberry chocolate port. Question is do you think this type of port should be bottled in a 750ml or 375ml bottle? Aren't ports usually sold in 750's? Or does it matter.

It's really up to you and how fast you're going to drink it and such. I, personally, would also bottle it in a 375 if you have them.

I made a real nice raspberry chocolate port. Question is do you think this type of port should be bottled in a 750ml or 375ml bottle? Aren't ports usually sold in 750's? Or does it matter.

I just recently finished a couple of batches of port, bottled them partially in 750's, partially in 375's. I'm often the only one drinking here, so I like to have a 375-ml (that's a couple of glasses and no leftover in the fridge). The 750's are great for gifts and social occasions.

Of course, in the end it's simply your choice...

If your drinking this by yourself or with one other person I would bottle any desert wine in 375's. If you regularly entertain and drink port them go for the 750's.

Depending on just how strong the port is, you will most likely be serving port a couple ounces at a time.

I like to avoid having a half empty bottle of wine or port laying around. Even though the port holds up better to air then wine, you will find that the port's flavors will fade over time (when exposed to air).

375s are the best bet for port.

Latest posts

Back