Boozing both sides of 49th parallel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
Started wedding wine last year for some friends in Canada instead of taking wine across border(its a hassle). Went to FOP because I needed a solid bung plug. They had this old Mexican 6 gallon carboy setting out with a $6 price on it. The owner doesn't like them with out ribs because they are harder to hang on to when moving. Turns out she had two more with chipped tops upstairs she gave me. Deal and half. Go to girlfriend and explained empty carboys and fermentors are a sin. Started kits she went and bought at Grocery store. Now I have 8 batches going on both sides of border at same time(4 in Canada and 4 in US). This is going to cost a lot in gas before I'm done. Can't wait to explain the corker in back of car, to customs, when it comes time to bottle........ I am going to start a batch of Mead at FOP next trip. The lady wants to learn and what a great place to get to do my thing in Canada

Last edited:
I bought my floor corker in Canada a half dozen years ago. With the exchange rate it was about $35 and has brass jaws. One of my best buys ever in wine making tools. No problem coming across the border but it was a small town border crossing.

I have a bit of a Canadian Customs problem and have gone inside 127 times now. Every time I go up, its a hassle.

Latest posts

Back