Blueberry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RkyMtnWine

Reaction score
Ok, next item on the agenda. BLUEBERRY. Degass in the morning.. add a couple campden and sorbate.. prep it for bottling.

20081112_165154_11_12_08_002_Sm.JPG

Gads...... you would bring that up.. I have no idea what to do next.. I looked around my yard and there is nothing left except grass Hmmmm.. grass wine. been saving some petunias.. bringing them in during freezing weather... now thats a possibility. Actually I think I might graduate to one of the kits... Have to check my budget first

Too bad those jugs are so heavy, that pic is so pretty its looks like you should be hanging those jugs on your Christmas tree as ornaments!
smiley1.gif

Hmm... could put them outside along the sidewalk... slip in a couple lights (Booze proofones)...

If you put them outside you might not have any left to drink. If you do put them outside let me know when and where and be sure to give me your address!
smiley2.gif

Looks great Rky....Now make you a mead and blend some of that Blueberry wirh it. Make you lips fold back and kiss your gums !!!

Well... thats an idea. Sooooo if I did that ... should I just lug this blueberry back upstairs and start the mead, let it catch up to the blueberry and slosh the two together... remember Waldo, ur talkin to a rookie here.

Rky, it looks really good from here. Do you plan to back sweeten it? I just added Super Kleer to mine and waiting for it to clear.

actually it appears quite clear, I will filter it though (only because its fun to do).. I have the mind set where if ya dont think ya need it.. dont do it. Hey Waldo... if I remember correctly.. you do quite a bit of Mead. I have not researched that at all.. I am thinking.. set aside one of the gallons of blueberry and mix up one gallon of mead.. appreciate your input on this.

Hmmm thinking maybe I shouldnt do anything with this blueberry yet... I see it is still fermenting just a bit... should I leave it sit until done before I add campden and sorbate?
20081113_152615_000_0034_Small.jpg

Is it really still fermenting or is that just C02 escaping. Check this by taking a sg reading a few days in a row to see if its still dropping.

Ahhhh.... always something... geeze. I think I need to add more memory to this brain of mine... Could be C02 Will test sg.. thanks. Last time I racked on 10-24 I added 2 oz of concord grape wine. Previous racking on 8-16 sg was 996 and I topped that jug off 3/4 cup of arbor mist blackberry merlot ... that was to top off 2 gallons. Will adding that wine to top off jump start the yeast? Oh... its been bubbling like this for quite a while now.. Edited by: RkyMtnWine

RkyMtnWine said:
Well... thats an idea. Sooooo if I did that ... should I just lug this blueberry back upstairs and start the mead, let it catch up to the blueberry and slosh the two together... remember Waldo, ur talkin to a rookie here.

That would be my "modus operandi" if I were going to do it. I would guess around 2 gallon of mead and 1 gallon of that blueberry would be just about right.

If you keep adding sugar before stabilizing your wine then yes it is probaly fermenting all over again. You dont want to add any type of sugar until your wine is stable and then you must add kmeta and sorbate to prevent refermentation. Hopefully you have not upped the abv too much to hide the flavor of this wine.

thanks waldo.. and thanks for the venison recipe... i will try that.. see if i can find that marinade you listed. OK... next batch.. Mead.. I see a lot of recipes.... any you would recommend for me to start with to match up with the blueberry

Latest posts

Back