Blueberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redtrk

Winemaking dysfunctional
Reaction score
On of my local places handles these. I've been searching on here for a recipe to tell me how much to use per gallon and cannot find a thread.
I want to make a 6 gallon batch of blueberry can someone point me in the right direction please?
I don't have a press or anything like that yet and need some pointers.

Blueberry.jpg

I would use 2 of those cans to make a 6 gallon batch. I believe on the can it will say for a light wine make 5 gallons and for a fuller flavor make 3 gallons. I would definitely go with a fuller flavor.

I would use 2 of those cans to make a 6 gallon batch. I believe on the can it will say for a light wine make 5 gallons and for a fuller flavor make 3 gallons. I would definitely go with a fuller flavor.

I would have to agree with the above. Directions should be on the can for using those. I actually thought about running to SHBS yesterday and picking up a can of those. Needless to say, I didn't make it there. I was going to make the 3 gallon recipe if I do get any.

Thanks and I'll start with that info and see what the cans say when I pick them up. I should have about everything else I need at this point.
After tonight I should have a primary empty to use.

I would have to agree with the above. Directions should be on the can for using those. I actually thought about running to SHBS yesterday and picking up a can of those. Needless to say, I didn't make it there. I was going to make the 3 gallon recipe if I do get any.

That can makes 1 gallon of wine. http://www.finevinewines.com/t-OFP_Blueberry.aspx? I made the Blackberry still waiting on it to age, was good young at first sip but then would go bitter.

So you are saying I need to use 6 cans for 6 gallons? That seems like a lot. Which is it?

Blueberry Wine from Oregon Fruit Puree

Makes one gallon!

1 49 oz. Can Blueberry Puree 5 Pints Water
2 lbs. Sugar 2-1/2 tsp Acid Blend
1 tsp Pectic Enzyme 1 tsp Yeast Nutrient
1 Pkg Wine Yeast*
*Red Star Cote de Blanc or Lavlin 71B-1122 is recommended
Keep your acid tester and hydrometer handy. As with all wild fruit the sugar and acid content varies greatly from year to year and even from one location to another. The recipe above is a general recipe to use, which you may have to adjust.
Directions:
Dissolve sugar in and additives, except yeast in 1 quart of warm water.
Take Specific Gravity (S.G.) reading. Your must your have an S.G. of 1.090 - 1.100. If it is too low add sugar to raise the S.G. (Generally, 4 ounces of sugar will raise the S.G. 10 points in 1 gallon of water, i.e., from 1.080 to 1.090.)
Make up a yeast starter by re-hydrating the yeast and add to the must.
Cover primary.
Stir daily until S.G. reaches 1.030 (about 5-7 days)
Rack into clean secondary.
When S.G. reaches 1.000 (usually about 2-4 weeks), fermentation is complete. Siphon juice off sediment into clean glass container. Re-attach airlock.
Rack into clean secondary. Add fining agents, such as Sparkalloid and re-attach airlock
Allow to sit for 4 weeks.
When the wine is clear and stable, it is ready to be bottled.
For a sweeter wine, dissolve 2-4 tablespoons sugar into 1/4 cup warm water and add to wine after stabilizing with 1/2 teaspoon potassium sorbate prior to bottling.

So you are saying I need to use 6 cans for 6 gallons? That seems like a lot. Which is it?

Blueberry Wine from Oregon Fruit Puree

Makes one gallon!

1 49 oz. Can Blueberry Puree 5 Pints Water
2 lbs. Sugar 2-1/2 tsp Acid Blend
1 tsp Pectic Enzyme 1 tsp Yeast Nutrient
1 Pkg Wine Yeast*
*Red Star Cote de Blanc or Lavlin 71B-1122 is recommended
Keep your acid tester and hydrometer handy. As with all wild fruit the sugar and acid content varies greatly from year to year and even from one location to another. The recipe above is a general recipe to use, which you may have to adjust.
Directions:
Dissolve sugar in and additives, except yeast in 1 quart of warm water.
Take Specific Gravity (S.G.) reading. Your must your have an S.G. of 1.090 - 1.100. If it is too low add sugar to raise the S.G. (Generally, 4 ounces of sugar will raise the S.G. 10 points in 1 gallon of water, i.e., from 1.080 to 1.090.)
Make up a yeast starter by re-hydrating the yeast and add to the must.
Cover primary.
Stir daily until S.G. reaches 1.030 (about 5-7 days)
Rack into clean secondary.
When S.G. reaches 1.000 (usually about 2-4 weeks), fermentation is complete. Siphon juice off sediment into clean glass container. Re-attach airlock.
Rack into clean secondary. Add fining agents, such as Sparkalloid and re-attach airlock
Allow to sit for 4 weeks.
When the wine is clear and stable, it is ready to be bottled.
For a sweeter wine, dissolve 2-4 tablespoons sugar into 1/4 cup warm water and add to wine after stabilizing with 1/2 teaspoon potassium sorbate prior to bottling.

Based on those directions looks like it makes 1 gallon. I bought the 99 oz vinters harvest before and it had directions for both a 3 and a 5 gallon batch.

Based on those directions looks like it makes 1 gallon. I bought the 99 oz vinters harvest before and it had directions for both a 3 and a 5 gallon batch.

Thanks Doug! So it looks like I need to multiply everything by 6 except the yeast?

Its cheaper if you get the vintners harvest cans
Oregon .. I use for BEER flavoring

Loumik

Oregon Fruit Puree and Vintner's Harvest Fruit Puree 49oz cans make one gal of wine. I think you will find that the 3 and 5 gal recipes are for the Vintner's Harvest Fruit Bases. The finevinewine site recipe is correct for Puree. If you want to make 6 gal. you'll need 6 cans. The recipe from Oregon Fruits website is basically the same.

Latest posts

Back