blueberry batch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to the store this week.to pick up more fruit.Well Badhabit you have way more experianceat this than I do.I will add my oak at the primary then and let stay until the fermentaion is done.I will sample it to see if its to my liking....

Haven't tried Oak yet, but here are some of my notes on my blueberry wine I started back last March, there is only a couple small bottles left. I'm not much of a judge, but everyone that has tried it, loved it. Kind of soft, red, alcoholic. I added sugar twice during rack, probably took longer than if I just added it in the beginning. I am definitely doing it again, with few changes, namely to add some energizer at beginning, blueberry is slow to start. I can send you the full doc if you would like, wish I thought of taking pics back then.

<?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:date w:st="on" Month="3" Day="26" Year="2006">March 26, 2006</st1:date>
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Prepared starter ¼ tsp Lalvin K1116 yeast, ¼ tsp nutrient, 1 tsp sugar, pinch acid blend, ½ C previously boiled water

<st1:date w:st="on" Month="3" Day="26" Year="2006">March 26, 2006</st1:date>
2.5 lbs blueberries by volume, liquid measure, frozen, at least 2 lbs were small lowbush, from Samsclub, rest native
3.5 Cups sugar, 1C less sugar than in book recipe
3 quarts hot water, pressed berries 15-20 times with potato masher
1crushed campden tablet
1.5 tsp acid blend
½ tsp pectin enzyme
1 tsp nutrient
SG 1.090 12.2% alcohol, 22 balling, could have used wine-thief, small quantities hard to measure, move
Acid at 6+ PPM titration, no further adj required
1530 Started must
2330 Pitched yeast

Yes OGrav,I would like the document....So i can compare and use it as areference.I am anxious to start my recipe.Hopefully this weekend......

I sent you an email. I don't think there is anyway to attach something to it, still looking

I checked the S.G..this morning..it is at 1.010..I will rack this afternoon when I return from work.It ready did ferment fast..mixed it on the feb.11th.today the 16th....5 days and its down to 1.010 from 1.092.pics to come later..........(blueberry batch)

O.K here's the blueberry being racked &amp; then completing the rack.It is very dark.And I sneaked a sip and it was great.It is smooth.......
20070216_155956_Valentines_day_.jpg
20070216_160032_Valentines_day_.jpg

Gilbert that sure looks good . I may try a batch this summer when the blue berrys are in. I have 1 gallon of blueberry mead , I also had made a Blueberry&amp; Dewberry mix abour a year and half ago it was great but all gone now.
Harry

I say Florida, based on the type of palm trees, but thats not what mater here. I'm trying to figure out how long of a hose would I need in order to drink that whole 5 gallon carboy from that lounger out there
smiley36.gif

Well ,no its Texas...Its warm now,but it was in the 30's afew days ago.It's not very cold down here.But I put the carboy up against the sunlite just to see how dark it really was.I couldn't see any rays thru-it.
it's dark alright.....Its still bubbling in my dark closet.....

O.k my blueberry wine I have racked off the lees....And fermented dry to .990...Of course this info ,is 2-weeks old. sorry...Its sitting still now and loooking very dark..Will lwt it sit another month to see how much more lees it gives off......

Latest posts

Back