Blanc duBois

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
I got into this, planted my 5 Blanc duBois vines, then promptly broke my ankle in a motor cycle accident, they were never trained right, however I am in year 5 still trying to correct things, however an abundance of grapes this year.
Please help,
I just got a bucket and some supplies, minimum, however the gentleman told me I had all I needed for wine making, I don't want to start until I hear from someone how I should do this via bucket system with the Blanc DuBois grape.
I have many, many grapes, I just pulled in two large buckets full about 40 pounds
God Bless everyone
Matteo

The link provided by @NorCal is a great resource, it is used by many!! Now we wished that you had asked before picking the grapes so you could have tested the Brix and pH to see when the best time was to pick them. Then you could have had more time to get any extra chemicals to help along the process also don't dump it like we almost did on our first white, the juice will brown but at the end will clear out to a white.
Since you have picked them you need to continue with the process OR possibly freeze them so the grapes will not spoil or so wild yeast will not take off (others may have better info on freezing to buy you some time if not too late).
I would get the Brix and pH readings, adjust then re-hydrate the yeast, pitch at good temperature and keep learning the steps as outlined in the document.

Latest posts

Back